Tuesday, January 25, 2011

CLOSET INVENTORY

I'm always curious when I'm wearing an outfit how much of it was thrifted. So tonight I took a little headcount of where the items in my closet came from. I went through my tops, skirts, dresses, jackets/coats, sweaters and shoes. I recently organized my closet so this didn't take me any longer than about 15 minutes. From my closet the amount of items that were.....

Thrifted/Secondhand = 90
Free/Gift = 32
Full Price = 31
Sale = 29
Clearance = 21
Ebay = 8
Etsy = 6

I'm a predominately thrifty person, so even the items that were bought full price were on the cheap side...and if not, then I probably had to have it right then for fear it'd sell out in my size. All in all, pretty good! The reason I didn't count ebay and etsy in the thrifted category was because even when you buy stuff secondhand online, it's almost always more expensive than what you'd pay in a thrift store plus there's shipping.

Here are some of my favorite scores


From Goodwill

Urban Outfitters clearance + 50% sale

Vintage from Etsy

Anthropologie from Ebay

Vintage from Etsy


Hmm, not all thrifted really but some of my favorite! Mostly, when I'm thrifting (which these I wouldn't exactly consider thrifted except the first) I keep my maximum cost per item at $10 unless I feel the price is justifiable.


No comments:

Post a Comment