Monday, January 24, 2011

THE MOST AWESOME THRIFT THERE EVER WAS

A few months ago while wandering through a local Goodwill, I came upon "The Most Awesome Thrift There Ever Was." Vintage Hunter brand rainboots. Now, I had been dying to score a pair of these for years so can you imagine my abounding excitement when I saw my boots in the exact color I wanted and in my size. Tell me that isn't fate. Here is where it gets even better. There was no marked price on the shoes so I was thinking they were probably going to ring up around $20 because Goodwill does price their nicer items accordingly. Total damage....$4. I kid you not. So thank you very much to the woman who donated these still-in-great-condition boots who's new price tag is over $100.


Since the label looked different than the current one, I did a little research. Uniroyal Limited made the rubber for Hunter boots from 1966 until 1987 when they were bought by another company. The Huntress boot is designed specifically for women with more room in the calf for better fit. How stellar! Thanks again Goodwill!

2 comments:

  1. Those are SO awesome! I love love Hunter Rainboots. And vintage ones are only that much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Definitely one of my favorite things I own!

    ReplyDelete