Sunday, September 2, 2012

AUTUMNAL MUSINGS

If you're like me, Autumn could not get here sooner (as I sit here listening to Christmas music). We've just stepped into September and it's still pretty muggy and warm here...but I can see the leaves starting to fall from our windows and my fervor cannot contain itself. I even searched for pumpkins at the farmer's market yesterday to little avail. I am a pumpkin fiend. Ask my old college roommates. I always showed up in September with a pumpkin or two, not caring that I was the only one.

All of this excitement has me remembering back to last fall when us and some friends went on a little camping trip--my first real one! It was late in the season and verrryy cold but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.



top: my sister and I
middle: so cold, there was frost! and critters in the middle of the night!
bottom: our tent

Autumn around the corner also has me reaching for some of my favorite fall/fall-esque movies. I love Hocus Pocus, Sleepy Hollow, The Nightmare Before Christmas, You've Got Mail and watching the this old Disney halloween special. I've also been making this Pumpkin Coconut bread a lot. And I'm just itching fall fashion! I even tried to wear a giant chunky knit scarf to a friend's last night (actually pictured above!) and well, that came off real quick. So come on fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment