Thursday, September 6, 2012

STITCH FIX

So, per some great praise from another blog I read, I decided to try out Stitch Fix. It's a small company where you sign up, tell 'em what your style is and then for a $20 styling fee, they send you 5 items to try on in your own home. They give you styling tips for each item and include an already postaged bag for your returns. If you keep something, the $20 fee goes towards what you buy.

Now, I am not one to spend much on clothing at all. We're talking, usually $20 or under for me. And I know that's cheap but for a long time, I didn't really have any money left over for clothes after rent and bills and other living expenses. I still am not rich by any means but I've gotten to a point in my life where all those $3 shirts that I liked but didn't love but bought anyway because they were cheap just aren't cutting it anymore. I think I'd now rather spend a little more for one item that I love than buy more items that are just all right. I want to look in the mirror every morning and feel great about myself. Shouldn't we all feel great about the way we look when we walk out the door in the morning? And that's to in no way say I don't have some dirt cheap clothing items I absolutely love--I'd thrift every day if I could! I'm just ready to invest a little more in myself when I can justify it.

But anyway, on to my first fix. I'd read that you need to be specific, so I'd asked for some fall pieces like cardigans and work blouses and some type of motorcycle jacket (something I've been hunting for a while now!)




Please forgive the last terrible photo. One of these days, new camera!!! As nice as some of the pieces sent were, this shipment just wasn't for me. The jacket on the left was cool, but I would have rather it had a collar. The two on the right weren't my style at all and the white shirt I liked but didn't love. They also sent me some stud earrings but you can't see them in the picture. 

I ended up sending everything back. I was really hoping to love something since $20 is kind of a lot for me not to get anything. Since specificity is helpful, I made sure to leave extensive comments about each item on their website after I tried it all on. Even though I didn't get anything this round, I still think this is a really cool service. It was a lot fun to see what someone would pick out for me and I love the anticipation and excitement of knowing that package will be waiting at my door. I'll definitely try it again!

*Just to let you know, I did link my Stitch Fix referral page which would give me credit if you decide to sign up and order a fix!*

No comments:

Post a Comment